Today I wired up the Polywell.
I made an armature to accomodate the new high voltage probe:
I tested the coils: definitely hitting 2.3 kA, which is what we want.
But when I tested the electron gun I saw a problem: It needs 25 millitorr of air to strike a plasma, up from the 8.5 millitorr of the original configuration. This is a problem because high pressure reduces potential well formation.
I was able to take some test shots… everything is working. The potential wells are shallow due to the high pressure.
Here you see the current on channel 1 (the bump that goes up) with a peak of 800A. The potential well is on channel 2 (bump that goes down) with a peak of -8V. For current in amps, multiply by 1000. For potential well in volts multiply by 1000.