Today I added a tap point for analog reading from the ion gauge. Pins 3 and 7 according to the manual.
Eventually I’d like to use the digital interface, but for now this gets the job done.
Next I added a proper connector to the bench-top power supply (pulled from an old PC):
This works a lot better than the wire jumper which kept falling out.
We received and tested the 100A/100mV ammeter shunt resister:
We will use this shunt to take current reading going into the superconducting magnet.
Next up we tested out the IGBT:
Using this schematic:
It successfully switched 10 mA. Next to try it with more amps.