David F. volunteered to help out Sunday:
David picked up a shielded USB cable for the DAQ:
With the DAQ close to the fusor, but not connected we were able to instantly crash it:
Next we put the unconnected DAQ in a makeshift faraday cage made from a small cabinet:
Surprisingly, we were able to crash the DAQ pretty easily in this configuration! It’s possible that the panels that make up the cabinet are not connected electrically (seems unlikely). Next step is to upgrade the faraday cage to a made for electronics chassis, preferably rack mounted.
The only way we found to keep the DAQ from crashing is to keep it about 2 meters away from the fusor.
David also diamond filed the ceramic tube to fit inside the HV feedthrough ceramic: