Today I did all the wiring to connect the coil power supply to the coils inside the chamber.
I started by rack mounting the coil power supply:
Grounded the coil power supply:
I bought these rather expensive ($8 a piece) but totally necessary connectors for the feedthroughs:
I re-wound the coils with fresh magnet wire:
Connect the coil to the feedthrough:
Make the cable from the feedthrough to the coil power supply:
Strain relief for the cable:
Finally ready to do a test shot:
I took the power supply capacitors up to 400V and did a sucessful test fire:
You can see the magrid flinch in the chamber when the caps fire. SUCCESS!
Very close to actually running the sydney experiment.