Spent this evening attempting fusion with the Fusor. No bubbles in the detector, but I got these photos of the deuterium plasma:
As you can see it’s a more of a blue color than the air plasma.
The pump is running fantastically… whisper quiet.
I tried for several hours. The main variable is gas flow rate. The more gas, the more current and a brighter plasma.
I may need a higher voltage power supply.
Judging from the reduced PSI of the deuterium bottle, I put a dent in the supply tonight.
All in all it was a good day. Nothing broke. We tool a step forward. I plan to regroup and spend some time working with the air plasma.