WOW. Check out this part we just got from prometal:
There is some slight warping, so the lid doesn’t fit as tightly with some of the faces. This can be corrected with machining, but some extra material would need to be built in.
It really helps to hold the shape in your hands. Amazingly this process is inexpensive. These two pieces cost ~$110. So we can afford to do about 10 iterations, more if necessary. Pretty cool.
Previously we used the 420 Stainless Steel +Bronze, which is magnetic. This time we used the 316 Stainless Steel + Bronze hoping it would be non-magnetic – but unfortunately it is magnetic.
With superconducting cable: